BIS 2270 Business Information Systems Internship
Students will work in a technical or software support capacity for a cooperating organization for 210 hours during a semester. Responsibilities are established by the worksite supervisor, and students will use the listed responsibilities to develop learning outcomes and identify action steps that are approved by the worksite supervisor and internship faculty member. Students will be evaluated by their worksite supervisor at the middle and end of the semester. Students will post weekly journal entries online regarding their experience, and complete projects specific to their degree concentration. Thirty co-op hours per week. Recommended prerequisites: BIS 1220, BIS 1230, BIS 1250 and BIS 1260.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Develop a Work/Learning Contract that identifies internship outcomes and delineates action steps.
- Complete administrative duties appropriate for the internship position.
- Evaluate relevant experience(s) on-the-job and reflect in weekly learning journal.
Credit Hours: 3
- Co-Op: 30 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Business Information Systems
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No