BTN 1110 Biotechnology & Bioethics
Introduction to the major fields in biotechnology and the basic science involved in understanding those fields.
- Describe ethics debates as they impact the biotechnology industry, both in how they affect the industry now and the impacts they may have on the future.
- Describe the basics of chemistry, such as atomic structure and chemical bonding as well as the basics of genetics, such as DNA structure and synthesis, protein synthesis and mitosis.
- Describe the major fields in the biotechnology industry, which include molecular genetics, proteins, microbiotechnology, plant and animal biotechnology, forensic analysis, bioremediation, aquatic biotechnology and medical biotechnology.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Biotechnology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term