BTN 1120 Laboratory Safety & Regulatory Compliance
Introduction to lab safety culture, precautionary labels, Material Safety Data Sheets, using personal protective equipment, handling lab equipment safely, handling , storing and disposing of chemicals safely, using emergency equipment as well as safety planning.
- Demonstrate safe handling of chemicals and equipment in the laboratory.
- Demonstrate familiarity with international and federal regulatory agencies that impact the work of Biotechnology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Fire Safety
- Recognize and maintain various PPE and emergency equipment in a laboratory setting as well as evaluating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety plans.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Biotechnology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term