BTN 1130 Biological Reagents Preparation
Basic understanding and overview of chemical grades of reagents used in biological research with an emphasis on chemical formulas and preparation of biological media and reagents. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: BTN 1120 and MAT 1470 and CHE 1111 or CHE 1211 and Restricted to Majors
- Prepare a variety of reagent solutions and use the developed tracking system for assessing reagent use and replenishment.
- Evaluate the different grades of chemicals available in the market and the application of each.
- Prepare a variety of reagent solutions used in the laboratory setting.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Biotechnology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term