CAM 1109 Fundamentals of Tooling & Machining
An introduction to the manufacturing processes used in the tooling and machining industry. Safety, mechanical hardware, hand tools, metrology, drill press, vertical mill, lathe, and the surface grinder will be the major focus of this course. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate the use of various machine tools by the completion of projects.
- Demonstrate layout and use of measuring instruments and discuss systems.
- Demonstrate the use of hand tools and safe work practices.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
1:00PM to 4:30PM