CAM 1142 Advanced Shop Floor Math
This course applies the principles of geometry and trigonometry and the computing of angles using law of sines and law of cosines dealing with situations encountered in the machining industry. It also gives a brief introduction to the calculations required in computer numerical control programming. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: MAT 1110
- Apply the principles of geometry and trigonometry to correctly solve problems encountered in the machining industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to use a scientific calculator to correctly solve complex problems encountered in machining.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve right triangle trigonometry using the three trigonometry formulas: SINE COSINE TANGENT.
- Solve for missing unknowns in acute and obtuse triangles using laws of sines and cosines.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
1:00PM to 4:30PM
5:30PM to 9:10PM