CAM 1161 Machine Operations Laboratory I
An introduction to the manufacturing processes used in the tooling and machining industry. Safety, handtools, metrology, engine lathe, milling, sawing and grinding will be the major focus of this course. Two classroom, eighteen lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: MAT 0050
- Set up and manipulate machine tool equipment to make parts to print specifications.
- Demonstrate safety procedures while running machine tools and working in the shop.
- Set up and manipulate inspection equipment to check parts against print specifications.
Credit Hours: 8
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 18 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No