CAM 2204 Computer Numerical Control Lathe Programming
Development of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) programs for two axis CNC lathes including linear and circular interpolation, turning,grooving and threading cycles; drilling and tapping; G & M codes. Review setup and operation of CNC lathe; adjusting tool offsets to hold part tolerance. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: CAM 1109 or CAM 1161 and CAM 1116
- Following an operations process plan, write and debug a CNC program for the CNC lathe.
- Analyze part and develop an appropriate manufacturing operations process plan utilizing tooling for CNC lathe.
- Utilizing the process plan and CNC program, setup the CNC lathe with all tools, program and manufacture the part.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term