CAT 1111 Mechanical Systems Blueprint Reading
Reading blueprints of commercial buildings, emphasizing plumbing, electrical, HVAC and fire protection systems. One half classroom, one and one half lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035 and MAT 0100 or MAT 1110 or MAT 1130 or MAT 1445
- Interpret the plumbing and electrical plans in a complete architectural package.
- Identify mechanical and electrical symbols and abbreviations.
- Describe the coordination requirements for HVAC and architectural drawings.
- Identify the basic components of heating and cooling systems.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 0.5 hours
- Lab: 1.5 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term