CAT 1141 Architectural Blueprint Reading
Basic techniques for reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications, both residential and commercial. Includes all major building uses and types of construction as defined by the building code. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035 and MAT 0100
- Describe the underlying principles of the structure of different types of buildings.
- Identify common building materials and demonstrate familiarity with Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) specification format.
- Demonstrate proficiency reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes