CAT 1201 Construction Methods & Materials
Construction methods of materials for both residential and commercial structures. Emphasis on processes and techniques. Understanding of blueprint reading of architectural and civil drawings. Hands-on exercises of residential and commercial applications. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: CAT 2431
- To establish familiarity, perform basic lab experiments using common building materials, equipment, and methods to construct and deconstruct a structure.
- Know the origin, development and expected use of common building materials for residential and commercial construction projects.
- Understand terminology related to construction materials, methods, equipment, processes, and industry professionals.
- Understand the relationship, functionally and contractually, between key entitites involved in the construction industry, including owners, designers, contractors, regulators, and material suppliers.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Architectural Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
9:30AM to 11:45AM
2:30PM to 4:45PM
5:30PM to 7:45PM