CAT 1211 Construction Materials Testing
This course presents some of the basics of testing materials (concrete, steel, wood, etc.) used in the construction industry. Emphasis on how properties of materials affect their use in the construction process. Utilizes American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Standards. One classroom, three lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: MAT 0100 or MAT 0600 or MAT 1110 or MAT 1130 or MAT 1445
- Identify the individuals involved in maintaining the infrastructure needs of society.
- Work effectively in teams to complete lab exercises.
- Demonstrate methods to test basic construction materials in the field and lab.
- Determine whether materials can be utilized based on performance and properties.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term