CAT 1341 Architectural Design I
Architecture is the manifestation of history, the values of a society, and our collective human sensibility. Introductory survey of world architectural history and theory. Develop understanding of architectural vocabulary, form and expression. Examine worlds major monuments and buildings. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate knowledge of major architectural styles, theories and movements. Emphasis on linking built environment with specific movements.
- Develop and apply common vocabulary to architectural and construction theories, techniques, and buildings.
- Identify significant buildings and monuments which are exemplary of various architectural styles, historical movements, and theories.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Architectural Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term