CAT 1501 Fundamentals of Surveying & Mapping
This course covers the fundamental principles of distance, elevation and angular measurements used in the practice of engineering surveys. It also includes basic error theory in field observations and mathematical calculations, level circuit and traverse field techniques and basic principles of digital map making. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: MAT 1200 or Other (appropriate Math placement test score)
- Demonstrate accurate measurement techniques to solve construction related problems.
- Demonstrate proper use of surveying equipment.
- Apply basic mathematical relationships to the surveying process.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term