CAT 1721 Structural Framing Systems
Advanced technical training in wood and light-gauge steel framing systems, including exterior wall finishing and roof construction. Two classroom, four lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate proper construction techniques for wood frame construction.
- Safely use hand and power tools in rough wood framing construction.
- Read and interpret framing and structural architectual blueprints.
- Describe the proper construction of roof rafters and the installation of truss systems.
- Install shingles and other roof waterproofing systems.
- Demonstrate installation of exterior finishes.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term