CAT 1811 NCCER Construction Craft Laborer Level 1
Orientation to the skilled trade of Construction Craft Laborer. Topics covered include basic construction site safety, introduction to construction math, introduction to hand tools and power tools, introduction to construction drawings, introduction to basic rigging, and basic communication skills. This course utilizes NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) core curriculum. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- This course will utilize NCCER core curriculum.
- Using basic construction math skills and how they apply to the trade.
- Students will identify and learn proper use of hand and power tools. Also includes maintenance.
- Students will identify the basic terms, components, and symbols used on construction drawings.
- Basic info regarding rigging and rigging hardware. Emphasize safe rigging habits.
- Students will learn and use basic communication skills, both written and verbal.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 5:00PM