CAT 1831 NCCER Carpentry Framing & Finishing Level 2A
Orientation to the carpentry framing and finishing trade. Introduction to commercial drawings, cold-formed steel framing, exterior finishing, drywall installation, and drywall finishing, utilizing NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) core curriculum. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Use of NCCER core curriculum for Ohio Valley Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) students.
- Learn to read and interpret commercial drawings and specs.
- Description, selection, and installation of metal framing.
- Learning various types of exterior finishes and materials and installation procedures.
- Identifying various types of drywall and its uses and installation.
- Identifying materials, tools and methods to finish drywall.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 5:00PM