CAT 1841 NCCER Carpentry Forms Level 3A
Orientation to the properties of concrete, reinforcing concrete, equipment used in rigging and rigging practices, and working in and around excavations particularly around building foundations using NCCER core curriculum. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Students will use NCCER core curriculum
- Recognize the properties, characteristics and uses of cement, aggregates, and other materials.
- Identify appropriate use and inspection of rigging equipment and hardware used in rigging.
- Identify appropriate basic rigging and crane practices as well as safety practices.
- Identify key aspects to working in and around excavations, particularly with building foundations.
- Select and use different types of reinforcing materials.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 5:00PM