CAT 2401 Construction Project Management
Practical planning and control of construction and engineering-based projects. Interrelationships and operations of project management and skills required for success in the current engineering environment. Theory, nomenclature and practical application of engineering management using computer software. Two classroom, two lab hours per week. Traditional testing (proctored or in Testing Center) is used in all online sections.
Prerequisites: CAT 1241 or CAT 1401
- Develop an understanding of managing an engineering project from beginning concept to successful close-out.
- Use software as a project management tool.
- Develop skills from theories to solve problems and apply critical-thinking techniques to solve complex engineering problems.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of key project management concepts.
- Develop resource planning tools to manage an engineering project.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes