CAT 2501 GPS & GIS for Engineering Technology Professionals
This course covers collection, adjustment, analysis and management of geospatial data used in land development. Integration of Global Positioning Systems field collected data with Geographic Information Systems to maintain public works, cadastrial and utility record keeping systems. One classroom, three lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: CAT 1501
- Perform field data collection using Real Time Kinematic (RTK) and mapping GPS receivers.
- Utilize personal computer with GIS software to solve and incorporate various data sets.
- Identify and convert various map projections and datums.
- Prepare effective oral and written presentations derived from tabular and graphic data.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No