CAT 2531 Advanced Surveying & Mapping
Utilization of surveying equipment and Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software to perform field data collection and produce civil engineering drawings. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: CAT 1501 and MAT 1470 or MAT 1580 or MAT 2270
- Perform field data collection to capture positions of natural and cultural features.
- Compute horizontal and vertical curves used in highway design.
- Utilize CAD software for surveying applications and base drawings.
- Utilize surveying equipment to establish and adjust horizontal and vertical control networks.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No