CAT 2741 Current Topics in Architecture
Explore recent developments in the architectural profession, especially as related to the architectural technology curriculum. Topics to include environment, green building, energy conservation, building technology, etc. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: CAT 1101 and CAT 1201
- Describe how the built environment impacts the global ecosystem and how design decisions can impact or mediate this situation.
- Describe appropriate building information modeling workflow and current software and product offerings to assist or manage this flow.
- Identify methods and workflows to support integrated project delivery by a variety of built environment disciplines.
- Describe new materials and systems to provide advanced performance of buildings and other built environment components.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Civil Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
5:30PM to 6:45PM