CHN 2301 Business Chinese I
This course is designed to help students develop Chinese language competency in the business world. With immersion learning and integrated approach, students will learn oral and written business communications with real-world sceneries in cultural and global contexts.
Prerequisites: CHN 2201 and Other (with a grade of C or better)
- Comprehend level-appropriate business vocabulary and conversations and be able to identify cultural and business expressions in presentations at the intermediate level.
- Be able to express and present in business settings with appropriate cultural understanding and mannerism.
- Recognize different types and styles of business documents and understand intermediate passages on familiar topics with highly contextualized words and phrases.
- Learn simplified characters at intermediate level and be able to write brief business messages or short reports of 100-150 words each.
- Understand the cultural context of the business language topics and be able to use accurate Chinese expressions to substantiate cultural implications and reality.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Chinese
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No