CIS 1160 Introduction to Data Literacy
In this course, students will learn how to identify data sources and evaluate whether data is credible and relevant. The course will introduce techniques to cleanse, analyze, and manage data. Visualization tools are covered in the course to assist in identifying and communicating data patterns and trends. Presentation of data findings and communicating meaning through storytelling is an important element of this course. In addition, students will gain an understanding on the impact of data in our society.
- Demonstrate use of data visualization tools to explain the data.
- Use tools to do basic analysis of data and communicate the results.
- Obtain data from databases and from external sources and prepare data for analysis. Identify potential bias and the ethics.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Computer Science and Information Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
1:00PM to 3:40PM