CIS 1510 Windows Client Operating System
Installing and administering systems that incorporate the current Microsoft desktop operating system. Administering shared resources including files, folders and printers; installing, managing and troubleshooting hardware devices; monitoring and optimizing system performance and reliability; implementing network protocols and configuring security elements.
Prerequisites: CIS 1107 and CIS 1130 or CIS 1411
- Implement and troubleshoot various network protocols and services, including TCP/IP, dial up connections, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).
- Configure and troubleshoot User Account Control, Windows Defender, dynamic security for Internet Explorer and the Windows firewall.
- Perform clean installations and upgrade to the current version from previous client operating systems.
- Configure and manage the various file systems available, including FAT, FAT32 and NTFS, and their associated features, such as file and folder compression and encryption.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Computer Science and Information Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
1:00PM to 2:15PM