CIS 2170 Computer Information Systems Internship
Students earn academic credit toward their graduation requirement by working in a professional information technology environment. Students must work at 5 - 10 hours per week per credit hour for one semester and be supervised/mentored by a professional in the field. The BPS internship coordinator can help guide students in their search, but students are ultimately responsible for obtaining a qualifying position. Students already working in the field may apply to use that experience to meet the internship requirement if they can prove that new learning will take place
Prerequisites: CIS 1107 or CIS 1411 or CIS 2510 or CIS 1202 or CIS 2212
- Completion of goals, objectives and action steps.
- Satisfactory performance on the job as evaluated by a worksite supervisor and internship instructor
- Identify and develop resources to keep current in technology
- Create a LinkedIn profile and participate in discussion forums
- Create an updated resume.
Credit Hours: 1 to 4
- Co-Op: 20 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Computer Science and Information Technology
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No