CIS 2265 Data Visualization with Tableau
This course will introduce students to the field of data preparation and visualization including design and hands-on experience with Tableau. Students will learn how to collect, transform, curate, and analyze datasets. The course will introduce students to design and build principles for telling stories for effective communications to facilitate data-driven decision-making, provide insights, and help speed up organizations that are data rich and information poor.
Prerequisites: MAT 0200 or MAT 1120
- Clean and manipulate raw data and prepare the data for analysis.
- Describe the different ways to visualize data and data visualization tools.
- Use data visualization tools to analyze data and produce reports.
- Complete the steps to design and implement a dashboard.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Computer Science and Information Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
Not currently offered this term