CIS 2427 IoT Fundamentals
This course will focus on defining Internet of Things (IoT), what the IoT Ecosystem is, and how to support IoT on a network. Students will learn how to support, configure, and secure IOT devices on a network. Students will be able to integrate IOT devices into modern networks and help protect them from cyber threats.
Prerequisites: CIS 1111 and CIS 1411 or CIS 1130
- Use sensors and an Arduino microcontroller to read data from physical world and control actuators.
- Learn how IoT technologies are applied to solve modern solutions in healthcare, energy and smart-city.
- Learn how an IoT system distributes computing between edge computing and Cloud networks. Learn how to interconnect systems using Application Programming Interface (APIs).
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 4 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Computer Science and Information Technology
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No
1:00PM to 2:50PM