CIS 2510 Microsoft Windows Server Operating System
Introductory and Intermediate aspects of Windows Server administration. Outcomes include installation of the current Windows Server operating system, setup of roles and features, virtualization, client server networking, and knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.
Prerequisites: CIS 1107 and CIS 1130 or CIS 1411
- Install Domain Controllers, including Server Core installations, to manage domain users, groups and computers through Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Plan for server deployment to provide network infrastructure services, file, and application services including permissions, quotas, replication and availability.
- Configure important features of the current Windows Server operating system.
- Create and plan strategies for server management including monitoring and troubleshooting of management issues and for delegating administrative tasks effectively to improve server management.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Computer Science and Information Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
6:00PM to 8:40PM