CIS 2515 Windows Network Infrastructure
Intermediate administration and support functions of the current Windows Server operating system. Focus is on more detailed functions of common roles and features such as core networking, security, and Windows Updating. Also more advanced use of Active Directory and Group Policy.
Prerequisites: CIS 2510
- Configure Domain Controllers (DCs) including operations masters, read only DCs and backup of DCs. Configure and manage group policies including ordering, blocking inheritance, logon/logoff scripts, folder redirection, security template settings and more.
- Configure and manage access to the network via Remote Access, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Remote Desktop, RADIUS, wireless access and other methods and to configure Network Access Protection.
- Install servers via Windows Deployment Services (WDS) including image creation and management. Manage Windows Update Services (WSUS) for patch management.
- Configure file servers to manage backup and restore services, to assign disk quotas, file and disk encryption, shadow copies and the distributed file system (DFS).
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Computer Science and Information Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
2:30PM to 3:45PM