CJS 1101 Introduction to Criminal Justice Science
Overview of the criminal justice system and an analysis of the interdependence of its components, including legislative, law enforcement, prosecution, court and correctional systems. Examination of responsibilities of professionals in each of these systems, including ethical and legal responsibilities.
Prerequisites: DEV 0015
- Demonstrate the standards of professional conduct expected of criminal justice professionals and explain the requirements for advancement.
- Describe significant historical events and individuals within the criminal justice field.
- Explain the legal constraints and roles, responsibilities and duties of each component of the criminal justice system.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Criminal Justice Science
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
11:00AM to 12:15PM