CJS 1105 Criminal Law
Basic concepts of Criminal Law and analysis of state and federal criminal statutes. Elements of crimes, criminal liability, jurisdiction over criminal offenses and criminal defenses and criminal responsibility will be examined. Additionally, crimes against property, crimes against persons and alcohol and drug crimes will be covered.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035 and CJS 1101
- Identify and analyze federal and state criminal laws.
- Identify and analyze federal and state criminal law concepts of criminal responsibility, criminal defenses and lines of authority in law enforcement.
- Explain the elements of common crimes, their degrees of punishment and the responsibilities of criminal justice professionals to preserve constitutional values in the enforcement process.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Criminal Justice Science
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
9:30AM to 10:45AM