CJS 1197 Corrections Full Service Jails/Basic Correction Officer Academy
Mandated Ohio Attorney General/Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy training for individuals to attain certification for performing corrections officer functions in full-service jail facilities. Not open to the general student population. Consists of minimum 158 mandated classroom hours of both academic/physical training.
- Demonstrate the physical, mental and tactical abilities to perform psychomotor skills in Subject Control (Physical Control Techniques) and First Aid/CPR.
- Select the appropriate answers for successful passage of the final state written exam consisting of all seven sub-units of the corrections academy curriculum.
- Demonstrate the functions of a corrections officer including administration, legal aspects, jail security, human relations and medical issues as required by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Criminal Justice Science
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
1:00PM to 9:30PM