CJS 2111 Ethics & Professionalism in Criminal Justice
Examination and analysis of legal and ethical obligations of criminal justice professionals in law enforcement, corrections and the courts. Study and assessment of policy and actions of individuals and organizations within the criminal justice system regarding conformity to accepted ethical and legal standards.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035 and CJS 1101 or CIS 1107
- Apply the ethical standards for corrections personnel and show an ability to identify, analyze and resolve ethical dilemmas facing corrections professionals as individuals and organizations.
- Explain the legal standards for criminal justice professions working in and with courts.
- Describe the ethical standards for law enforcement personnel and show an ability to identify, analyze and resolve ethical dilemmas facing law enforcement individuals and organizations.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Criminal Justice Science
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes