CJS 2280 Basic Peace Officer Training I
First half of the mandated Ohio Attorney General/Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy training for individuals to attain certification as peace officers in Ohio law enforcement agencies. Consists of mandated cognitive and psychomotor skills training for entry level Ohio law enforcement officers.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035 and Other (Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) fingerprint checks, a successful five panel drug screening and successful physical fitness assessment required as well as permission and signature of the Sinclair Community College Training Academy Coordinator.)
- Demonstrate understanding of basic law enforcement functions including Administration, Legal and Human Relations as required by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission (OPOTA).
- Demonstrate the physical, mental and tactical abilities to perform psychomotor skills in Driving, Subject Control (Straight Baton, TASER, Chemical Agents, Control Techniques) and Physical Fitness.
- Successful passage of the mid-term exam consisting of a written exam covering the first half academic sections of the basic academy I curriculum.
Credit Hours: 14
- Classroom: 9 hours
- Lab: 15 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Criminal Justice Science
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term