CJS 2281 Basic Peace Officer Training II
Second half of the mandated Ohio Attorney General/Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy training for individuals to attain certification as peace officers in Ohio law enforcement agencies. Consists of mandated cognitive and psychomotor skills training for entry level Ohio law enforcement officers.
Prerequisites: CJS 2280 and Other (with a grade of "C" or above.)
- Demonstrate understanding of basic law enforcement functions including Civil Disorders, Traffic, Investigation and Homeland Security, as required by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission (OPOTA).
- Successful passage of the final state exam consisting of a written exam covering all sub-units of the basic academy curriculum in sections I and II.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic law enforcement functions including Civil Disorders, Traffic, Demonstrate the physical, mental and tactical abilities to perform psychomotor skills in Physical Fitness, First Aid/CPR, and Firearms (pistol and shotgun).
Credit Hours: 12
- Classroom: 12 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Criminal Justice Science
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No