COM 2245 Intercultural Communication
Analysis of issues associated with communicating across cultures, including the study of communication norms, communication characteristics of major contemporary cultures and effective cross-cultural communication in interpersonal and organizational contexts.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035
- Demonstrate understanding of communication behaviors in a variety of cultures.
- Demonstrate understanding of and ability to adapt competently to different cultures, races, and ethnicities.
- Explain linkage between culture and communication behaviors.
- Identify and apply major theoretical concepts of intercultural communication.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Communication
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes