DAS 1102 Introduction to Dental Assisting Terminology
Orientation to terms related specifically to the science of dentistry. Includes dental terminology application along with definitions and relationships of words to other similar dental terms, the use of root words, prefixes and suffixes related to dentistry. Introduction to the profession of dental assisting and the ethics, laws and rules.
- Combine terms and separate them into meaningful parts (prefix, root word, suffix) to define the term.
- Differentiate the dental assisting profession by its history, ethics, and legal implications.
- Define the meaning of dental terms related to anatomy , tooth structure, practice and facilities, infection control, emergency care, examination and prevention, pain management, radiography, tooth restoration, and cosmetic dentistry.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Dental Health Sciences
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes