DAS 1104 Dental Assisting Techniques & Materials I
Principles of dental assisting skills with emphasis on exposure control, dental instrument differentiation, patient anatomy, collecting data and basic dental laboratory procedures. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
- Identify correct laboratory equipment for various procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge and clinical competency in the general and specialized areas of dentistry including room prep, Describe the various bloodborne and airborne pathogens and strategies to reduce occupational exposure in the dental office setting as required by the OSHA standard.
- Demonstrate correct dental instrument set up for various dental procedures.
- Demonstrates proper communication skills to fit the needs of each individual. Analyze patient treatment, and communicate professional knowledge in a written format to other colleagues, and professionals. Utilize proper grammar when communicating with patients colleagues, and other professionals.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Dental Health Sciences
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes