DAS 1108 Dental Assisting Office Management
This course will introduce the learner to business operating systems in a dental office. Includes procedure manuals, HIPPA, record keeping, accounts receivable, inventory and scheduling.
- Demonstrate the protocol established for the student dental hygienist in the business office including managing patient records and demonstrate the proper use of hardware and software practices in the clinical environment.
- Demonstrate accuracy in maintaining all aspects of the electronic patient record and electronic financial information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of introductory clinical software applications including digital radiography, and proper email of digital radiography, within HIPAA guidelines.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Dental Health Sciences
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No