DAS 1206 Dental Assisting Radiography
The learner will be introduced to Dental Radiography for the Dental Assistant. The course will prepare the learner for the state license examination for exposing radiographs in a dental office setting. Includes properties of x-rays, the dental x-ray machine, radiation effects, radiation safety, digital imaging, dental films, and the processing of radiographs. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Apply technical skills and analyze the need for various imaging techniques.
- Identify patient consideration protocols and issues.
- Demonstrate principles of maintenance, film handling and record keeping relative to quality assurance.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Dental Health Sciences
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No