DEH 1205 Lab for Preclinical Dental Hygiene I
- Utilizing various dental indicies, collect all necessary patient data to formulate an overall assessment of the patient's oral health status.
- Demonstrate the basic principles of oral health education in the development of individualized patient care plans.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of the various dental hygiene instruments in providing non-surgical dental hygiene therapy, while utilizing proper patient/hygienist seating and positioning.
- Demonstrate effective strategies to reduce occupational exposure in the dental office setting as required by the OSHA standard, by preparing and maintaining patient treatment areas following OSHA standards and the principles of Universal Precautions.
Credit Hours: 0
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Dental Health Sciences
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term