DEH 1305 Medical Emergencies in Dental Practice
Principles of general first aid and managing medical emergencies in dental practice. Two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: DEH 1202 and DEH 1203
- Describe, demonstrate and compare the techniques and adjunctive therapy utilized in assessment and management of the airway.
- Compare the actions and indications of essential emergency drugs and demonstrate their preparation and administration.
- Categorize the signs and symptoms of patients requiring first aid intervention.
- Analyze health history information to establish a risk assessment profile and determine potential treatment modifications.
- Utilizing appropriate equipment, accurately record basic vital signs and compare the results to established norms.
Credit Hours: 1
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Dental Health Sciences
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term