DEH 1308 Dental Radiology
Scientific principles of radiation, radiographic production and patient management in dental practice. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: DEH 1202 and DEH 1203
- Identify the parts of the dental x-ray machine and state the effects of each on beam quality and image.
- Apply technical skills and analyze the need for various imaging techniques.
- Relate the principles of radiation production to radiation protection.
- Demonstrate principles of maintenance, film handling and record keeping relative to quality assurance.
- Identify patient consideration protocols and issues.
- Interpret and present radiographic findings as normal or abnormal and identify supporting structures, landmarks and artifacts.
- Collaborate with community partners to develop service-learning lesson plans for oral presentation in diverse community settings.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Dental Health Sciences
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term