DEH 2402 Clinical Dental Hygiene I
Foundations of periodontics with emphasis on periodontal disease progression and classification, etiology of periodontal diseases including gingival disease and periodontitis, assessment for clinical decision making, nonsurgical periodontal therapy.
Prerequisites: DEH 1302
- Describe the system used to classify periodontal diseases.
- Describe the progression of periodontal disease from a histological and clinical perspective.
- Describe the etiology of periodontal diseases.
- Compare and contrast gingival disease and periodontitis.
- Explain the assessment process in determining periodontal health status and clinical decision making.
- Describe the implementation of non-surgical periodontal therapy in the dental hygiene process of care.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Dental Health Sciences
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:30AM to 10:30AM