DEH 2403 Dental Hygiene Clinic I
Clinical dental hygiene practice with emphasis on the process of dental hygiene care, exposure control, dental imaging and diagnostic assessment procedures, care planning and education, prophylaxis and preventive procedures, pedodontic patient care and management, utilization of practice management technology. Twenty-one clock hours each week will be spent seeing patients over an 8-week term.
Prerequisites: DEH 1302
- Demonstrate appropriate exposure control practices and protocols in the dental hygiene process of care.
- Provide oral prophylaxis and preventive procedures in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate the dental hygiene process of care within the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of dental hygiene care planning and education in the dental hygiene process of care.
- Apply knowledge and skills of dental imaging and diagnostic assessment in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate dental hygiene care and management of pedodontic patients in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate skills in composing and delivering oral health information in the clinical setting.
Credit Hours: 1
- Practicum: 7 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Dental Health Sciences
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No