DEH 2508 Clinical Dental Hygiene II
A continuation of the dental hygiene process of care, powered instrumentation, child abuse and neglect, risk assessment, medically compromised and special needs patient care, periodontal maintenance, adjunctive therapies, periodontal surgical concepts, dental implant maintenance and periodontal emergencies.
Prerequisites: DEH 2402
- Describe the dental hygiene process of care, including modifications, as related to patients with various medical conditions and special needs.
- Describe considerations for implant maintenance as part of comprehensive dental hygiene care.
- Outline causes and treatment for various periodontal emergencies.
- Describe the indications and techniques for the use of powered instrumentation in preventive and therapeutic dental hygiene care.
- Relate the role and responsibilities of the dental hygienist regarding child abuse and neglect.
- Describe the components of risk assessment in the process of dental hygiene care.
- Describe the objectives and procedures related to periodontal maintenance.
- Describe the indications and rationale for the use of various adjunctive therapies in preventive and therapeutic dental hygiene care.
- Describe the indications and contraindications for various types of periodontal surgery.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Dental Health Sciences
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No