DEH 2602 Clinical Dental Hygiene III
A continuation of the dental hygiene process of care, advanced instrumentation and procedures, dietary assessment and counseling, tobacco education and cessation, emerging trends and special topics, professional philosophy and life-long learning.
Prerequisites: DEH 2508
- Describe the components of effective tobacco education and cessation strategies.
- Relate emerging trends in the process of dental hygiene care to evidence-based literature and research.
- Develop a written philosophy congruent with the ethical standards of the dental hygiene profession.
- List the indications and rationale for the incorporation of advanced instrumentation techniques and procedures in the dental hygiene process of care.
- Describe the process of dietary assessment, analysis, and counseling in comprehensive dental hygiene care.
- Demonstrate communication skills with individual of diverse backgrounds in the dental hygiene process of care.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Dental Health Sciences
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No