DEV 0015 Integrated Developmental Reading & Writing I
Overview of basic elements of modern English usage. Includes utilization of correct grammar, college-level paragraph writing, context, structure analysis, vocabulary, and text marking reading skills.
Prerequisites: Other (Placement Test Score)
- Demonstrate comprehension of reading selections at a level necessary for DEV-0035.
- Recognize, mark, and take notes on the main ideas and supporting details of paragraphs and selected articles at a level necessary for DEV-0035.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, develop, and improve the essential skills necessary for successful college-level paragraph writing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of course material through the utilization of correct grammar.
- Apply context, structure analysis, and dictionary skills to learn new vocabulary.
- Demonstrate an awareness of personal learning style and its implications for improved learning.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 4 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: English
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Term: Spring 2024
Format: Condensed content. Shorter than normal term - meets once or a few times only. Complete work online when it fits your schedule, while adhering to weekly deadlines. No scheduled meeting times. Requires computer and high-speed internet.
Restrictions: Not Eligible for CCP Program
Note: A Term
Course Fee: $30.00
Open Seats: 15
Open Seats: 15