DIT 1111 Nutrition for Health & Fitness
Overview of general nutrition principles focusing on healthy food choices, disease prevention and sports nutrition. Explores fad diets, herb/supplements and use of ergogenic aids. Incorporates effective use of nutrition information from reliable sources as well as personal responsibility in a professional setting.
- Identify various nutritional supplements and ergogenic aids. Evaluate their safety and effectiveness while listing indications/contraindications for use.
- Identify nutrition experts and professional organizations. Define legal responsibility for professional practice.
- Assess nutrient content of personal diet through food guide pyramid recommendations and food labels.
- Identify the essential nutrients, their functions and food sources to assess nutrient content of personal diet.
- State dangers of fad diets. Evaluate various fad diets for safety.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Nutrition and Dietetics
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Downtown Dayton Campus
Location to be announced
Term: Summer 2023
Format: Condensed content. Shorter than normal term. Credit earned though an agreement between faculty and student. Can be longer or shorter than normal term.
Restrictions: Independent Study Student
Open Seats: 9
Open Seats: 9